Taking messages is an important part of a customer service persons position.
Taking messages and sending them to the relevant person including:
- Information to be obtained
- System to use to record message (paper or computerise)
- Repeating main points to ensure accuracy.
- Repeat the information and booking if applicable and with whom
- Repeat their phone number or details to confirm message
- Collect correct details including spelling of name even if you have to ask them to spell it out for you