Top Tips to be Successful at Closing the Sale
- You’ve done your homework. You know your products and services and your potential client or buyer.
- You arrive just a bit early, looking calm and professional.
- You are pleasant to the person at the reception desk.
- You appear confident but not cocky.
- You are comfortable making a bit of small talk and then shifting easily to selling mode.
- You are a good listener, asking questions and letting the client take the lead, until it is time for your presentation.
- You bring up any objections you can anticipate and respond to them without being asked.
- You probe for further objections and respond to them as they come up.
- You are enthusiastic about your products and/or services.
- You observe changes in behaviour that tell you the buyer is ready and you ask a closing question.
- If you are successful, you finalise details. If you aren’t successful, you find out why and respond by answering their objections.
- You try closing again. If you are successful, you finalise details and complete the process.
- Whether you have been successful or not, you thank the buyer for their time and exit smoothly.
- Remember to send a thank you note and make some notes so you can learn for your next sales call.
For more Sales tips please visit our free help section.